3:00 p.m., every Monday in Callen Conference Center, Lower Level of Smith-Curtis
Gaining representation of Student Affairs Senate is accomplished by election from the student body. Elections are held in the fall semester each year. The following positions are available:
- President and Vice President
- 15-20 representatives among the five academic divisions
- One senator from each residential facility, including Greek chapters
- One senator representing the international student body
- Three commuter student representatives
- Two senators representing ethnic minority students
- One senator representing students with disabilities
Students must complete petitions to have their names placed on the voting ballot. Following election, members of the Student Affairs Senate elect Committee Chairs from the elected body of SAS. The elected President and Vice-President appoint two secretaries, a parliamentarian, a treasurer, and a public relations cabinet member, all of whom serve as non-voting members of SAS and on the Executive Council.
More information about getting involved in the Student Affairs Senate is available in the SAS Office, lower level, Story Student Center, or the Student Life Office, upper level, Story Student Center.