Contact or visit usNebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504
Accreditation, Approvals and Authorizations
Since 1914 Nebraska Wesleyan University has been accredited by:
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Nebraska Wesleyan is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church.
Academic Programs are accredited or approved by the following:
- Athletic Training is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- Chemistry is approved by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- Education is accredited by the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP) and approved by the Nebraska Department of Education.
- Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Nursing: The baccalaureate degree and master's degree program in nursing at Nebraska Wesleyan University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington DC 20001, (202) 887-6791 (CCNE).
- Social Work: The baccalaureate degree program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). The master's program has been grated Second Year of Candidacy status by CSWE (program has completed two years and is moving toward full accreditation by next year).
- Nebraska Wesleyan's Honors Academy program is an accredited member of the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships (NACEP).
Nebraska Wesleyan University is authorized by the State of Nebraska to operate educational programs. Approval from the State of Nebraska is maintained by the Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education. If a student has a complaint about Nebraska Wesleyan University they may contact:
Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
140 N. 8th Street, Suite 300
PO Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005