All Admitted Students Qualify for a Scholarship
Every student who is admitted to Nebraska Wesleyan receives one renewable academic scholarship. All students qualify for the $15,000 Nebraska Strong Scholarship—and will earn a minimum of $60,000 over four years. You may instead qualify for a larger scholarship based on your GPA only or on your combined ACT/SAT and GPA. Find out which one academic scholarship you qualify for in the chart below.
|Scholarship||Annual Amount||GPA Only (Test Optional) Criteria||GPA-only OR ACT/SAT and GPA Criteria|
|Board of Governors||$20,000||4.0+||
ACT score of 30+ (SAT 1360+) and GPA 3.75+
ACT composite of 27-29 (SAT 1260-1350) and GPA 3.5+
|Black & Gold||$16,000||3.5-3.74||
ACT composite of 24-26 (SAT 1160-1250) and GPA 3.0+
ACT composite 20-23 (SAT 1030-1150) and GPA 3.0+
*Students who do not meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply and if admitted would receive the Nebraska Strong Scholarship.
Fall 2021 Criteria for Admission and Scholarships
- Admission Criteria
- NWU admits students who demonstrate accomplishments in and out of the classroom, as well as leadership potential and other achievements
- ACT composite of 20+ (SAT 1030+) and GPA of 3.0+
- 3.25+ GPA only (test optional)
- Students below an ACT composite of 20+ (SAT 1030+) and GPA of 3.0+ are encouraged to apply
- GPA Only (Test Optional) Criteria for Admission
- 3.25+ GPA only (test optional) . Students may choose not to submit their ACT or SAT scores
- Research shows the highest predictor of success in college is the high school GPA earned over four years and not standardized test scores
- Superscoring your ACT and SAT
- Superscoring is the process of averaging your best subject scores from all ACT or SAT test attempts
- NWU accepts multiple tests for superscoring to increase the composite score and boost scholarship eligibility
- The ACT now offers the opportunity to take one subject test at a time
- NWU accepts individual ACT subject tests and calculates a superscore composite
- Standardized testing scores submitted before January 1 are accepted for superscoring and boosting scholarship eligibility
$1,000 Campus or Virtual Visit Grant
You automatically receive this renewable $1,000 grant when you tour campus or arrange a virtual visit. (Limit 1.)
Access these two scholarship opportunities when you apply to NWU
- Lead The Way Scholarship – When you apply Early Action by October 15 and submit an essay about your personal goals, you qualify for this $1,000 renewable scholarship.
- $1,000 Event Scholarship (TBA) – NWU plans scholarship events around areas related to your academic major or career interest. Attend and receive a renewable $1,000 event scholarship. (Limit 1.) Details about upcoming events to be announced soon.
Additional First-Year Scholarships
In addition to an academic scholarship, you may be eligible for these NWU scholarships.
|Access NWU||Full tuition||Not applicable|
|Wesleyan Honors Academy Scholarship||Up to $3,000 per year||Not applicable|
|Alumni Legacy Scholarshp||$1,000, renewable||Not applicable|
|Great Plains United Methodist Scholarship||$500 to $2,000, renewable||Not applicable|
|TeamMates Scholarship||$1,000 (increases annually)||January 5|
|College Possible||$1,000 (increases annually)||January 5|
|Upward Bound||$1,000 (increases annually)||January 5|
These NWU scholarships require students to audition or interview for a competitive award.
|Huge-NWU Scholarship||Full tuition, fees, room and board||December 1, 2020|
|TeamMates Access Scholarship||Full tuition||January 5, 2021|
|Theatre Scholarships||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
|Music Ensemble Participation Scholarship||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
|The Bennett Music Scholarship||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
|The Fosbury Music Scholarship||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
|The Harrod Music Scholarship||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
|The Marshall Music Scholarship||$500 to $3,000||Audition dates vary|
Minority Student Scholarships
Nebraska Wesleyan offers scholarship programs directed toward minority students.
|Vaughn Scholarship for Students of Color||Range from $1,000-$4,000||Not applicable|
Athletic Scholarships at NWU
NWU is a member of the NCAA Division III, which is unique in not awarding athletic scholarships due to its unwavering commitment to the academic success of every student-athlete. At NWU, we reward your scholastic performance with academic scholarships so you can compete in the sport you love—on scholarship in the subject you love.