Adjunct Faculty for History at Nebraska Wesleyan University
Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking applicants to fill an adjunct teaching position for the upcoming Fall 2024 academic term. Applicants will be considered with expertise in Indigenous History and/or U.S. History. The candidate would be responsible for in-person instruction of a 4-credit class.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in History, and ability to teach Indigenous History or U.S. History
- Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus
- Demonstrated interpersonal and innovative teaching skills are required
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities
- Appreciation for a liberal arts tradition is desirable
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their letter of interest.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit the following materials to the URL listed below: a letter of interest that outlines experience teaching and how the applicant aligns with NWU’s commitment to diversity; a curriculum vitae; a statement of teaching philosophy including a discussion of innovative teaching strategies; and the names and contact information for three professional references. You may provide all application materials at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately.