Contact or visit us
Derrick Gulley Jr., M.A.
Director of Student Engagement in Student Life
Center for Student Involvement
Roy Story Student Center, Lower Level
dgulley [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (dgulley[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Many Nebraska Wesleyan alumni consider their Greek experience to be one of the most enjoyable memories from their time at NWU. Currently there are over 300 students in the Greek community—that’s over 18% of the traditional undergraduate student population.
Joining a Greek fraternity or sorority at Nebraska Wesleyan University opens you to new friendships, leadership and service opportunities, academic success and a richer college experience. As a whole, Nebraska Wesleyan's Greek members earn higher GPAs, are more involved on campus and within the Lincoln community, and hold leadership positions in various campus organizations. Each fraternity and sorority sets their own minimum grade point average to be eligible for membership.
Each fall, the Interfraternity Council hosts informational events, and each chapter hosts recruitment events. All recruitment events and chapter facilities are alcohol free.
The best way to know whether a chapter is right for you is to check out all of the fraternities NWU has to offer. Follow us on Instagram to learn more about fraternity life at NWU.
Questions? Contact: jbaumer3 [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (jbaumer3[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Fraternity recruitment dates in August will be shared soon.
Fall Formal Recruitment
Fall formal recruitment occurs prior to the beginning of classes. Interested women fill out an online application and attend an educational session about the recruitment process. Over three days, women visit each chapter and meet the members. Recruitment counselors will assist and answer any questions that women may have.
Nebraska Wesleyan sororities use a mutual selection recruitment process. Women choose the chapter that they are most interested in while the chapters in turn also choose what women they would be interested in extending a bid of membership.
It takes some time for you to meet all the amazing women in our chapters, so we recommend that you clear your schedules of work or other outside commitments during the evenings of August 18-21, 2022. You are required to attend all recruitment rounds in order to complete the recruitment process.
Following recruitment, women are extended invitations to join sororities and attend chapter Bid Day celebratory activities. All recruitment events and chapter facilities are alcohol free.
For more information about Sorority 2022 formal recruitment, please follow NWU Panhellenic Council Instagram. Questions? Contact: jbaumer3 [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (jvaldez[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Sorority Recruitment Dates
Sorority Recruitment will take place from August 18-21, 2022. You must attend all of the following session in order to be eligible to join a chapter. Specific details about formal recruitment and the registration link will be shared soon.
Members Bill of Rights
Students considering membership in Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Interfraternity and Panhellenic communities enter the recruitment process confident that they will receive all the information and respect they deserve in an environment free from undue pressure.
- The right to be treated as an individual.
- The right to be fully informed about the recruitment process.
- The right to ask questions and receive true and objective answers from recruitment guides and members.
- The right to be treated with respect.
- The right to be treated as a capable and mature person without being patronized.
- The right to ask how and why and receive straight answers.
- The right to have and express opinions to recruitment counselors.
- The right to have inviolable confidentiality when sharing information with recruitment counselors.
- The right to make informed choices without undue pressure from others.
- The right to be fully informed about binding agreements implicit in the preference card signing.
- The right to make one’s own choice and decision and accept full responsibility for the results of that decision.
- The right to have a positive, safe and enriching recruitment and pledging experience.
Registration or participation in Nebraska Wesleyan University’s Greek recruitment does not guarantee membership. Each chapter is responsible for selecting members into its organization. Membership selection is in no way influenced or controlled by the Panhellenic or Interfraternity Councils or Nebraska Wesleyan University.