Lifetime Giving Societies
Three lifetime giving societies honor donors’ loyal support and significant impact on Nebraska Wesleyan. Donors who reach these significant milestones can choose whether to be publicly celebrated for their impact at the annual Black & Gold event.
- The Cornerstone Society recognizes and honors donors whose cumulative outright gifts total $1 million or more.
- The Huntington Society recognizes and honors donors whose total outright gifts and lifetime commitments total $100,000 to $999,999.
- The Heritage Society recognizes and honors those who have decided to leave a legacy by making deferred gifts to the university.
The Presidents Society
The Presidents Society, established by NWU’s Board of Governors in 1978 to recognize the exceptional leadership and support of loyal individuals and corporate friends, includes anyone in the Nebraska Wesleyan community who gives $1,000 or more to the university each year. The Presidents Society is the cornerstone of NWU’s annual giving program, and its members’ support is vital to keep Nebraska Wesleyan thriving.
Each year, members of The Presidents Society and all three lifetime giving societies gather with the university president and the Board of Governors for the Black & Gold event in September to celebrate the impact of their support.
Alumni and friends of Nebraska Wesleyan qualify for membership in The Presidents Society with gifts at the following levels:
- Bronze—$1,000 to $2,499
- Silver—$2,500 to $4,999
- Gold—$5,000 to $9,999
- Governor—$10,000 to $24,999
- Founder—$25,000 to $49,999
- Benefactor—$50,000 to $99,999
- Legacy—$100,000 and above
Annual Giving Clubs
Gifts of all sizes make an impact at Nebraska Wesleyan. Those who make gifts at the following levels make up the majority of NWU’s alumni and friend supporters.
- Contributor: up to $100. Each year donors in this club contribute over $50,000 to NWU.
- Century Club: $100 – $249. Over 1,000 NWU donors are part of the Century Club each year. This group includes our most loyal donors, many of whom have chosen to support NWU every year for over 30 years.
- Builders Club: $250 – $499. Most NWU Builders have gradually increased their giving to this club as they see the impact their support makes at Nebraska Wesleyan.
- Associates Club: $500 – $999. Members of the Associates Club make a significant impact on individual NWU experiences. Each faculty member receives an average of $600 in professional development funds each year. Music ensemble participation scholarships start at $500. Associates Club-level gifts make these and so much more possible.