Contact a classmate
Looking to reconnect with a classmate? Contact the Alumni Relations office, and we'll help you try to get back in touch. alumni [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (alumni[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu) or
Alumni Association Council
Mission of NWU’s Alumni Association Council:
Represent and lead the NWU Alumni Association in furthering the university’s mission by creating activities, experiences and spaces to create a mutually beneficial and lifelong engagement between alumni and NWU, partnering with university administration to review and execute plans to achieve alumni engagement, and to provide expertise and advice toward achieving NWU objectives. Council members serve two-year terms up to three consecutive terms.
Expectations for Alumni Association Council Members:
- Assist in obtaining philanthropic support from alumni.
- Assist students/graduates of NWU to achieve career and personal vocational goals.
- Attend events to represent and engage NWU alumni.
- Contribute to NWU financially.
- Identify and encourage the enrollment of high achieving students from diverse backgrounds.
- Promote active alumni participation and involvement through alumni events and activities.
- Proactively communicate NWU’s mission, plans and programs.
- Recognize NWU alumni who represent the core values of NWU.
- Serve on an AAC committee.
- Alumni Association Council: The council will meet as a group at least two times per year for approximately 2-4 hours, once in the spring and once in the fall. Meetings will be a hybrid of in person on campus and virtual. If at all possible, the fall meeting will be held in person timed with Wesleyan Weekend.
- Committee Chairs: Timing for meetings will be determined by the objectives of the committee and will likely be held virtually. Meetings will be coordinated in partnership with NWU Advancement, not likely to exceed four times per year. Committees include: Alumni Association Recruitment; Alumni Engagement Programming; Alumni Recognition
- Special Advisory Teams: As NWU explores new initiatives, certain members may be asked to participate in discussions both in-person and virtually at various times during the year.
To learn more about the Alumni Association Council and/or to recommend a candidate for membership, please contact NWU’s Alumni Relations team at alumni [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (alumni[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu).