Samantha Wilson, EdD, ATC, LAT, CPT
Assistant Professor of Health and Human Performance
Director, Athletic Training Program
swilson2 [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (swilson2[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Master of Athletic Training Admission Requirements
The Master of Athletic Training two-year program will begin May 2025. The 3+2 program that features three years in a relevant undergraduate degree followed by two years of master's study.
- Apply early decision by October 15 (application opens May 15, 2024)
- Apply priority decision January 15 (application opens October 15, 2024)
- If you apply after January 15, you’ll be accepted on a rolling basis until the cohort is full
Nebraska Wesleyan University uses a holistic process to review all applications and select students with a variety of skills, views and experiences. NWU’s Master of Athletic Training program requires the following for admittance.
- Complete the Master of Athletic Training application form.
- Earn a GPA of 3.0 with junior standing at NWU in the Exercise Science (Pre-AT) major or earn 3.0 GPA and hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (Traditional MAT).
- Satisfactorily complete (C or better) pre-requisite courses by the time of official acceptance:
- Anatomy (1 course with lab)
- Physiology (1 course with lab)
- Biology (1 course)
- Chemistry (1 course)
- Physics (1 course)
- Exercise Physiology (1 course)
- Biomechanics (1 course)
- Psychology (1 course)
- Nutrition (1 course)
- Submit a resume that documents previous volunteer work, internship and/or work experience.
- Complete 50 hours of documented observation under a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Include three reference letters that speak to the applicant's readiness for graduate work. At least one reference must be from an allied health professional.
- After the application materials listed above are submitted, they are reviewed by the Athletic Training Program Selection Committee; qualified applicants will interview with the committee.