Hours of Employment
Hours of Employment
Business and Human Resources Office
The University workweek under the Fair Labor Standards Act for nonexempt employees is from 12:01 a.m. Sunday through Saturday at midnight.
The Library nonexempt staff workweek under the Fiar Labor Standards Act is from 12:01 a.m. Saturday through Friday at midnight.
Normal administrative and academic office hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon and 1 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, unless otherwise specified.
Nonexempt employees will be informed of the hours they are to work by their immediate supervisor.
- Starting and ending work times begin and end on the hour, half hour, or quarter hour.
- Employees may be asked to work hours different from the regular schedule and may be required to work weekends and night hours.
- Full-time schedules include an unpaid lunch break.
Exempt employees work on an annual salary basis rather than on an hourly basis.
- It is expected that a professional attitude will prevail with respect to the requirements of each position.
Attendance at University functions is paid time only when attendance is required or designated by the President.
- The list of official events are:
- Visions & Ventures
- Matriculation Program at the beginning of the school year for new students
- Honors Convocation at the end of the year
- Staff Meetings
- Staff Development sessions
- Attendance at non-designated campus activities (University forum, Chapel etc.) must be approved by the immediate supervisor and are not paid times.
Supervisors are expected to flex employee work schedules to avoid whenever possible the use of overtime.
- All overtime must be approved in advance by the Vice President of the division, who is responsible for finding budget funding for the overtime.
- Unapproved overtime is still paid as required by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Questions about this policy and implementation procedures should be referred to the Human Resource Office.