Securing the best job or internship often involves more than simply searching open positions. It takes time and can be stressful, but the Career Center is here to support students toward a successful search through personalized career coaching and resources.
This handbook provides strategies for conducting a job search, developing your personal brand, applying, interviewing, evaluating job offers, and tips for succeeding in your first year on the job.
If you’d like to discuss your job or internship search with a career coach, be sure to set up your appointment in Handshake.
NWU's primary career services platform, Handshake, connects students and alumni with internships, full-time employment opportunities, and part-time jobs in a variety of fields. With Handshake, students can:
- Receive event invites and new jobs directly from employers
- See personalized job and career recommendations
- Schedule appointments with an NWU Career Coach
- Access our exclusive online career library for NWU students
- Connect with students beyond NWU who share similar career goals
You can even download the Handshake app to stay up-to-date on the latest opportunities.
The Career Center makes networking with professional alumni easy. The Career Assistance Network can connect you to receptive alumni who are already established in your field and eager to help fellow Prairie Wolves.