Post Bachelor’s Teacher Certification
The demand for elementary and secondary teachers in Nebraska is high. If you have a bachelor’s degree and are interested in becoming a certified teacher, this NWU certification program is for you.
We customize your plan of study based on your previous college coursework. You’ll start with 29-31 core credits of education courses to become certified in Nebraska. If you need content courses for certification, we’ll add those additional courses to your plan. And we’ll include time for classroom practicum and student teaching experience.
Semester-long classes are held primarily during the day. You’ll also take some evening and online classes, too.
Choose from these Nebraska Wesleyan teacher certification programs:
- Art 7-12
- Biology 7-12
- Business, Marketing and Information Technology 7-12
- Chemistry 7-12
- Elementary K-8 – Elementary certification requires more credits than secondary certification. A minor or prior education coursework is recommended for anyone pursuing elementary certification.
- Health and PE K-12
- History 7-12
- Mathematics 6-12
- Secondary English 7-12
- World Languages/German, French and Spanish 7-12
NWU admissions requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit your bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Availability for classroom practicum and student teaching experiences, up to 20 hours per select weeks
Other state requirements
- Have passing scores on the PRAXIS I skill exam prior to student teaching
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 prior to student teaching
- Minimum of 100 practicum hours in schools prior to student teaching
- Complete all requirement content area courses for certification