Nebraska Wesleyan University’s next Elder Gallery exhibit features “Schema: Works on Paper.”
The exhibit runs October 18 through December 11 with a reception on Friday, November 4 from 5 to 7 p.m. in Elder Gallery. An artist talk begins at 6 p.m.
“Schema” features six artists who use drawing as a primary process, not a preliminary one. Using the vocabulary of mapping, bureaucratic forms, blueprints, grids and schematics, the artists explore how information and imagery are processed and consumed.
Featured artists include:
- Colin Keefe — Co-director of Mount Airy Contemporary in Philadelphia, Penn.;
- Robert Lansden — Lives and works in Stamford, Conn. His work has been exhibited throughout the U.S. including the Nexus Center for Contemporary Art in Atlanta and Kentler International Drawing Space in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Bri Murphy — Gallery director at LUX Center for the Arts in Lincoln;
- Samantha Mitchell — Art and exhibition coordinator at the Center for Creative Works in Wynnwood, Penn.;
- Amy Ruffo — Public Art Advisory Board in Lancaster, Penn.
- Matthew Sontheimer — Lives in Lincoln with permanent collections at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston and Whitney Museum of American Art in New York, New York.
Elder Gallery is located inside the Rogers Center for Fine Arts at 50th Street and Huntington Ave. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday-Sunday, 1-4 p.m. The gallery is closed on Monday.