Commencement for the class of 2020 is scheduled for Saturday, August 8.
The ceremony will be held in Abel Stadium.
To allow the necessary physical distancing between our graduates and their families, faculty and staff; graduates will be limited to two (2) guests per person.
Upon arrival, guests should check in at Harold Chaffee Practice Field (just north of Abel Stadium) to pick up two event tickets. Tickets will be alphabetized by the graduate's last name. Tickets are required to enter Abel Stadium.
Commencement will be live-streamed on this webpage.
This will be rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, we will cancel as we cannot all safely maintain appropriate physical distance at any of our facilities indoors.
Should state or local directed health measures become more restricted, commencement will be cancelled.
Order of Events
8:30 a.m. — Graduates assemble for commencement, Snyder Arena
9 a.m. — Faculty assemble in regalia, Weary Center
9:30 a.m. — Commencement processional to Abel Stadium followed by ceremony
Commencement Order of Program
Welcome from the President
Greeting from the Chair of the Board of Governors
Conferring of Degrees
The final walk through the arch can be viewed on Facebook Live on the Nebraska Wesleyan University Facebook page.
The university continues to follow state and local directed health measures and recommendations for procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For the ceremony, the University will observe the following procedures:
- Face coverings must be worn by both graduates and guests to attend the event. Graduates and guests are to provide their own mask.
- Graduates will be limited to two (2) guests per graduate.
- Graduates and guests are asked to check their temperatures before arrival. Those with a fever and other COVID-19-related symptoms are asked to refrain from attending.
- Guests will be asked to sit together in a unit. This will aid in any possible contact tracing.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the stadium.
- There will not be any handshakes, hugs, elbow bumps or high fives.
- Restrooms will be open at Abel Stadium but all other campus buildings — except for the Prairie Wolves Bookstore — will be closed.
- Guests will wait to be ushered out of the stadium after the ceremony. Guests should return to their vehicles after leaving the stadium.
- Following the final walk through the arch, graduates will proceed north on 50th Street and then east on Madison Ave. to the campus parking lots.
- Congregating on campus is prohibited after commencement and final walk to assure proper social distancing.