Commencement for the class of 2020 is scheduled for Saturday, August 8.
The ceremony will be held in Abel Stadium to allow the necessary physical distancing between our graduates and their families, faculty and staff.
The number of guests per graduate will be limited based on the number of graduates who respond with their intent to participate in the ceremony. The number of guests per graduate permitted will be shared with graduates on Monday, July 20.
This will be rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, we will cancel as we cannot all safely maintain appropriate physical distance at any of our facilities indoors.
Should state or local directed health measures become more restricted, commencement will be cancelled.
Graduates must RSVP to attend and have their names read during the ceremony.
Order of Events
8:30 a.m. — Graduates assemble for commencement, Snyder Arena
9 a.m. — Faculty assemble in regalia, Weary Center
9:30 a.m. — Commencement processional to Abel Stadium followed by ceremony
Commencement Order of Program
Welcome from the President
Greeting from the Chair of the Board of Governors
Conferring of Degrees
The final walk can be viewed on Facebook Live on the Nebraska Wesleyan University Facebook page.
The university continues to follow state and local directed health measures and recommendations for procedures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
For the ceremony, the University will observe the following procedures:
- Face coverings must be worn by both graduates and guests to attend the event. Graduates and guests are to provide their own mask.
- Graduates will be limited in the number of guests.
- Graduates and guests are asked to check their temperatures before arrival. Those with a fever and other COVID-19-related symptoms are asked to refrain from attending.
- Guests will be asked to sit together in a unit. This will aid in any possible contact tracing.
- Guests will be ushered out of the stadium following the ceremony to help us meet social distance guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance of the stadium.
- There will not be any handshakes, hugs, elbow bumps or high fives.
- Restrooms will be open at Abel Stadium but all other campus buildings — except for the Prairie Wolves Bookstore — will be closed.