International Student Admissions Process
Nebraska Wesleyan admits undergraduate international students based on:
- the strength of their academic transcripts,
- a minimum of a high school diploma/certificate of completion, and
- a minimum English proficiency exam score, when English is not the student’s primary language.
- International student application deadlines:
- July 1 for Fall Semester
- October 1 for Spring Semester
- Complete the free online application
- Complete the Financial Certification Form which will be sent via email to you following the submission of your application.
- Certified copy of high school and/or university transcripts (translated by a certified person)
- Certified copy of high school diploma or certificate of high school completion (translated by a certified person)
- Official score from one of the following English language tests, when English is not the student’s primary language:
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Institution code: 6470
Minimum score: Paper test-525
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Minimum Score: 5.5
Duolingo English Test
Minimum score: 100
The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for only $49. The test is taken via a computer with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample which are shared with Nebraska Wesleyan University when you send your results. Certified results are available within 48 hours of the test session.
- Society of Testing English Proficiency (STEP) Eiken
Minimum Score: Pre-1 Level
- (Optional) International students eligible for Nebraska Wesleyan University scholarships based on SAT scores should forward those scores to the Admissions Office if they wish to be considered.
- Fax or mail financial certification form, financial documents, transcripts and other required materials to:
Vice President for Student Enrollment
Nebraska Wesleyan University
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504-2794
Questions? Contact Bill at (402) 465-2551 or wmotzer [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
- Upon acceptance at Nebraska Wesleyan University, international students must submit a $350 U.S. deposit, which is applied to their first year tuition. Wire payment instructions to submit the $350 enrollment deposit or a tuition balance.
|Direct to||Wire Routing Transit Number 121000248|
|Bank Name||Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.|
|City, State||San Francisco, CA|
|Beneficiary Acct. #||2614588509|
|Beneficiary Acct. Name||Nebraska Wesleyan University
General Fund A/P
Cash Management Account
- Complete and return the International Student Post-Admission Enrollment Requirement Form.
- The Office of Global Engagement will issue an I-20 form after the deposit is received. Additional information regarding the deposit and immigration documents will be included with the formal letter of acceptance.
- To facilitate their cultural and linguistic adjustment, international students live in our residence halls. All students are required to live in campus housing until they reach senior standing or until they are 21 years of age.
- International students are required to pay tuition, fees, room and board at the beginning of each semester.
- International students are required to be continuously enrolled in a health insurance plan.