Students graduating from the NWU MSN Nursing Program will be able to meet the following competencies:
- Function in the advanced practice role of the nurse educator or nurse leader
- Analyze theories for application to research and in the advanced practice role
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication in the role of the advanced practice nurse
- Model professional values and standards when providing leadership within the role of the advanced practice nurse
- Integrate cultural understanding in professional practice
- Provide leadership to influence health care policy, health care delivery and finance
- Evaluate and develop research that improves nursing education, leadership, the practice of nursing and health outcomes.