WEARY CENTER FOR HEALTH AND FITNESS
NWU student-athletes work out at the Weary Center which includes a cardiovascular exercise room, an aerobics/dance exercise room, a weight room, an Olympic-size pool, and racquetball courts. The Weary Center also offers a voluntary bike checkout program.
The Prairie Wolves football, soccer and outdoor track and field teams compete inside of Abel Stadium on Weary Field and Greeno Track. Seating 2,500, the stadium features a big screen, covered camera deck, and expanded press box.
WOODY GREENO TRACK
- An eight-lane, all-weather track
- Named in honor of legendary coach Woody Greeno
- In 2010 the track was completely renovated with a new Mondo surface.
- FieldTurf™ surface
- Universal Sport Lighting allows for evening practices and competitions
- Accommodates regulation soccer field
- Lighted permanent practice field for a variety of sports
- Named in honor of NWU’s former athletic director and coach, Harold G. Chaffee
Snyder Arena has a seating capacity of 2,350 and plays host to the Prairie Wolves basketball and volleyball teams. The gym floor was refinished and painted in 2008 and six new scoreboards were installed in 2010.
Knight Fieldhouse is a multi-purpose facility home to the indoor track and field and tennis teams. It is also used for training for other NWU athletic teams and intramurals. In 2005, the six-lane track was resurfaced with Mondo surface. A batting cage and four regulation tennis courts are also housed in the building.
NEBRASKA WESLEYAN FIELD
The baseball team moved to its new home facility in 2004 at Nebraska Wesleyan Field, which is part of the Kiwanis Baseball Complex at 31st and “J” streets (west of the Woods Park Tennis Center).