Pre-Physical Therapy Education
Admission to a doctor of physical therapy school (3-year program) requires pre-requisites including: one year each of anatomy and physiology, biology, chemistry, and physics. Additionally, coursework in psychology, English, and statistics is often required.
Most schools require a minimum GPA of 3.0, however, their accepted GPA is often closer to 3.5. Students typically take the GRE during the summer between their junior and senior year at NWU.
Our graduates have a 90 percent acceptance rate (5-year average) into PT programs nationwide.
Regional PT programs include:
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Creighton University
- Des Moines University
- University of Iowa
- Saint Ambrose University
- Southwest Baptist University
- Regis University
- Missouri State University
- University of St Mary – Kansas
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- University of Missouri at Kansas City
- University of South Dakota
- Briar Cliff University
- Rockhurst University
Information about these and other programs can be found at Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.