BSN Application Process
Students will be admitted once per year with an August program start date.
Admission to the NWU Nursing Program is a competitive process and is based on pre-requisite GPA, overall college GPA, and responses to the admission questions. This is a selective process that admits 20-30 students per year. Here are the specific requirements:
- Completion of pre-requisite courses with grade of “C” or better
- Cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or above
- CPR certification for health care providers
- Successful completion of a Certified Nurse Aid course and listed on the state registry
- Submission of a video response to the admission questions
- Background check, immunization record, drug screen, health history form
- Documentation of vehicle insurance driver’s license
Direct Entry Students – Confirmation of Intent
1. Complete the confirmation of intent form for direct entry admission to the nursing program.
2. Once the Confirmation of Intent form is completed a nursing faculty member will contact you for the next steps.
Non-direct Entry Students – Application
1. Apply to Nebraska Wesleyan University (if not a current Nebraska Wesleyan student)
2. Review program information and admission requirements.
3. Apply online for admission to the nursing program.
4. Once the online application is completed a nursing faculty member will contact you for the next steps.