Wesleyan Crowns Homecoming Royalty
Nebraska Wesleyan University crowned Caitlin Bennett of Omaha and Jeff Baumann of North Platte as its 2010 homecoming queen and king. The college seniors were recognized during ceremonies held at the university’s annual homecoming weekend, October 21-24.
Bennett is the daughter of Gordon and Becky Bennett. An international business and Spanish double major, Bennett is a member of the Senior Class Council, women’s golf team, a member of Willard Sorority and is president of Panhellenic Council. She served as the student co-coordinator of New Student Orientation for two years, studied abroad in Spain and participated in the Capitol Hill Internship Program.
Baumann is the son of Susan and Frank Kwapnioski and Marcia and Larry Baumann. The accounting major is involved in Student Affairs Senate, is president of the Senior Class Council, student representative to the NWU Board of Governors, and is a University Judiciary student representative.
Other members of the homecoming court were:
- Arnold — Brittany Gunther, daughter of Mike and Barb Gunther; pursuing a psychology major, German minor.
- Grand Island — Kaycie Rupp, daughter of Robert and Jody Rupp; pursuing majors in political science and Spanish and a minor in psychology.
- Johnson — Laurel Butler, daughter of Bob and Kim Butler; pursuing a major in communication, minors in public relations and business.
- Lincoln — Denny Vaggalis, son of Dennis and Jeanne Vaggalis; pursuing majors in philosophy and economics.
- Spalding — Joe Pritchard, son of Don and Deb Pritchard; pursuing a major in accounting.
- Highlands Ranch, Colo. — Jeff Seems, son of Dave and Susie Seems; pursuing a major in communication and minors in marketing and German.