The Prairie Wolf Pantry is a campus food pantry open to anyone with a current Nebraska Wesleyan University ID card. The Pantry’s mission is to contribute to the overall health and wellness of the NWU community by providing free access to nutritious food options. The Pantry also serves as a source of information about other avenues to obtain food in the community. We want to ensure no member of the NWU community goes hungry because of a lack of adequate income or access to food.
The Pantry is operated from the generosity of monetary, in-kind and food donations from students, faculty, staff and alumni as well as the commitment of campus volunteers who staff it during hours of operation.
Hours of Operation
The Pantry is open Tuesday afternoons 3:30–5:30 p.m., and Friday mornings 9:30–11:30 a.m.
When the university is closed for any reason, the food pantry will be closed. See listing of resources on inclement weather closings.
How to Donate
If you wish to donate items for distribution, you have options.
- Cash or check – Checks (made out to NWU) and cash may be delivered or mailed to NWU Advancement, 5000 Saint Paul Ave, Smith-Curtis 310, Lincoln NE 68504. Please make sure your name and “Prairie Wolf Pantry” are noted so you can receive a charitable receipt.
- Online donations – Debit and credit card gifts can be made online. Select “other” when asked where you wish to direct your gift, then type “Prairie Wolf Pantry.”
- Drop-off Donations – Drop off items at one of four locations on campus: the Advancement Office on the third floor of Smith-Curtis, the University Minister’s Office on the ground floor in Old Main, the Weary Center Registration Desk at the main entrance, and the Student Involvement Office on the lower level of the Student Center.
- Donation via Amazon – Login to the PWP Wish List on Amazon: Prairie Wolf Pantry Wish List and choose the items you would like to donate. Amazon will ship the items directly to the Prairie Wolf Pantry.
We do not have a refrigerator at this time, so all food must be non-perishable.
- Stable proteins (e.g., peanut butter and tuna)
- Easy meals (mac & cheese, chili, meals in a bag)
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Apple sauce
- Canned or otherwise packaged fruit and vegetables
- Snacks (e.g., granola bars, nuts)
- Soap—bath, dish, and laundry
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toilet paper
- Feminine hygiene products
- Razors, shaving cream
- Notebooks and folders
- Pens and pencils
- Advil and Tylenol