Important Contact Information
smiller4 [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (smiller4[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
rpokora [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (rpokora[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
lborchar [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (lborchar[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
rgallego [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (rgallego[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Adrian Gomez Ramos
agomezra [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (agomezra[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
mlutt [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (mlutt[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu)
Prairie Wolf Pantry
The Prairie Wolf Pantry, located on the first floor of Smith-Curtis (room 124) is a campus food pantry open to anyone with a current Nebraska Wesleyan University ID card. The Pantry’s mission is to contribute to the overall health and wellness of the NWU community by providing free access to nutritious food options. The Pantry also serves as a source of information about other avenues to obtain food in the community. We want to ensure no member of the NWU community goes hungry because of a lack of adequate income or access to food.
The Pantry is operated from the generosity of monetary, in-kind and food donations from students, faculty, staff and alumni as well as the commitment of campus volunteers who staff it during hours of operation.
Hours of Operation
- During the summer, the pantry is open by appointment. You can request an appointment by emailing nwupantry [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (nwupantry[at]nebrwesleyan[dot]edu). A member of the pantry board will contact you within 24 hours to schedule a time for you to come shop.
- When school is in session, hours of operation are:
- Monday 12-1 p.m. and 5-6 p.m.
- Tuesday 12-1 p.m.
- Wednesday 12-1 p.m.
- Thursday 12-1 p.m. and 5-6 p.m.
- Friday 12-1 p.m.
- Please bring a backpack or reusable bags with you to carry your items home.
How to Donate
If you wish to donate items for distribution, you have options.
- Cash or check – Checks (made out to NWU) and cash may be delivered or mailed to NWU Advancement, 5000 Saint Paul Ave, Smith-Curtis 310, Lincoln NE 68504. Please make sure your name and “Prairie Wolf Pantry” are noted so you can receive a charitable receipt.
- Online donations – Debit and credit card gifts can be made online. Select “other” when asked where you wish to direct your gift, then type “Prairie Wolf Pantry.”
- Drop-off Donations – Drop off items at the bins located outside the pantry door (Smith-Curtis Room 124). Download a receipt form.
- Donation via Amazon – Login to the PWP Wish List on Amazon: Prairie Wolf Pantry Wish List and choose the items you would like to donate. Amazon will ship the items directly to the Prairie Wolf Pantry.
Thank you for your continued support.