Board of Governors
All applicants for employment will be given equitable consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic material, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, and/or disability, or any other legally protected class, in accordance with applicable city, state, and federal laws. Additionally,
- All new employees are selected on the basis of experience, education, ability, training, and other job-related factors. The best qualified applicant is to be hired for each position.
- The Human Resource Office is responsible for legal and policy compliance for all staff employment selections.
- Supervisors are designated as decision-makers for recruitment and hiring actions and are responsible for compliance with all University practices and procedures.
- All appointments must be approved in writing by both the immediate supervisor and the appropriate division Vice President.
- All Vice President Position appointments are made by the President.
Questions about this policy and implementation procedures should be referred to the Human Resources Office.