Seven Inducted Into Huge Society
Seven Nebraska Wesleyan University students have been inducted into the Huge Society.
The induction ceremony, held October 8, honored students who received support from the Harry (’59) and Reba Huge Foundation. Nebraska Wesleyan’s Huge Society connects the academic expertise and intellectual talents of the student scholars through service projects and activities developed in collaboration with the foundation and NWU to promote cultural diversity and build community within the organization, the campus and across international borders.
In 2006, the Huge Foundation established the Huge Scholars Program at NWU. The competitive scholarships cover the costs of tuition, fees, and room and board.
Each year Huge Society members participate in a Huge Scholar reunion, host an Estonia Independence Day celebration, and participate in a service project. Rachel Pokora, professor of communication studies, serves as the society’s advisor.
Huge Society inductees, their former high schools and hometowns include:
- McKenna Bancroft (’20), Lincoln Southeast, Lincoln
- Drew Damme (’20), Blair High School, Blair
- Marco Gutierrez (’20), Lincoln Southeast, Lincoln
- Mitchell Jindra (’20), Crete High School, Crete
- Katelin O’Connor (’20), Grand Island Central Catholic, Grand Island
- Andrew Vasquez (’20), Omaha Burke, Omaha
- Kellyn Vuchetich (’20), Lincoln East, Lincoln