Morgan Shipley and Austin Ragland were crowned the 2019 homecoming king and queen at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
Shipley, a biology major from Lincoln, Neb., and Austin Ragland, a biology major from Beatrice, Neb., were crowned on Friday, October 4.
Shipley is a member of Delta Zeta Sorority, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, Pre-Health Club, Tri-Beta Biology Honorary, Psi Chi Honor Society, Cardinal Key Honor Society, Psych Club, NWU Catholic and Beekeeping Club. She is a member of the Nebraska Wesleyan Softball Team, and has served as a student ambassador for the Admissions Office and Prairie Wolves Welcome leader. She was selected to participate in the Nebraska INBRE Scholar Program for biomedical research. She is the daughter of Tim and Geri Shipley.
Ragland is a member of Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, Pre-Health Club, Interfraternity Council Executive Council, Order of Omega Greek Honorary, Blue Key Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and Tri-Beta Biology Honorary. He is a student ambassador for the Admissions Office and has served as a Prairie Wolves Welcome leader. He also played for the NWU Baseball Team. He is the son of Scott and Rhonda Ragland.
Other members of the 2019 homecoming court included:
- Kelsey Jaeschke, an athletic training major from Kenesaw, Neb. She is the daughter of Mike and Becky Jaeschke.
- Allie Kohl, a psychology and communication major from Central City, Neb. She is the daughter of Michelle and the late Dave Kohl.
- Christine Olson, a biology major from Omaha, Neb. She is the daughter of Craig and Monique Olson.
- Anthony Baker, an exercise science and psychology major from Falls City, Neb. He is the son of Jamie and Meg Baker.
- Jacob Barrett, a biology and religion and philosophy major from Colorado Springs, Colo. He is the son of Matt and Deann Barrett.
- Jimmy Lowe, an English major from Omaha, Neb. He is the son of Darryl and Juanda Lowe.