NWU Crowns Homecoming Royalty
Evan Marshall, Claire Beshaler, and Michaela Wells have been crowned the 2018 Homecoming king and queens.
Marshall, an accounting major from Seward, Neb., Beshaler, a communication studies major from Arnold, Neb., and Wells, a social work major from Lincoln, Neb., were crowned on Friday, October 5 and will reign over weekend homecoming activities.
Marshall is a member Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity, where he has held numerous leadership roles including treasurer, community service chair, and president. He is involved with International Justice Mission, and served as the student member of the Nebraska Wesleyan Board of Governors, the Student Affairs Senate, and has been a Prairie Wolves Welcome leader. He works with Wesleyan IT Students (WITS), is an Archway Seminar student instructor, and has been inducted into the Blue Key academic honorary. He is the son of Mitch and Dorothy Marshall.
Beshaler is a communication studies major from Arnold, Neb. She is a member of Student Affairs Senate, Wesleyan Entertainment Board, Women’s Choir and Society of Scholars. She has served as a Prairie Wolves Welcome leader and has worked for the Weary Center, Department of Nursing and the Center for Student Involvement. Beshaler has also served as a student representative on faculty search committees. She is the daughter of Rick and Kim Beshaler.
Wells is a social work major from Lincoln, Neb. She serves on the Homecoming Committee, Greek Week Committee, and is a member of Wesleyan Advocates for Violence Education. She is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, Panhellenic Council, and has served as a student assistant in the Center for Student Involvement. Wells is also a teaching assistant in the Religion and Philosophy Department. She is the daughter of Diane Wells and Jeremy Hickenbottom.
Other members of the 2018 homecoming court are:
- Kate Richerson, a political science major from Lincoln, Neb. She is the daughter of Lori Morgan and Chris Richerson.
- Caitlyn Skuodas is a biology major from Pierce, Neb. She is the daughter of Robyn and Larry Tweedy.
- Grant Bednar, a biology major from Grand Island, Neb. He is the son of Tom and Tami Bednar.
- Eli Lundak, a biochemistry and molecular biology major from Lincoln, Neb. He is the son of Lori Lundak.
- Dan Novinski, a biology major from Grand Island, Neb. He is the son of Dan and Carole Novinski.