Homecoming Royalty Crowned
Seniors Katie Krick and Garret Lorenzen have been crowned Nebraska Wesleyan University’s 2016 homecoming queen and king.
They were crowned Thursday, September 22 during the Howl Like Hell pep rally to officially kick off homecoming weekend.
Krick is a communication studies major from Lincoln, Neb. She is a member of NWU Catholic, Wesleyan Communication Association and the university’s track and field team. Last spring she anchored the national champion 4x400 meter relay team. She is also a member of Phi Kappa Phi and Lambda Pi Eta academic honoraries. She is the daughter of Dan and Susan Krick. Following graduation in May she plans to go to graduate school to study clinical and counseling psychology.
Lorenzen is a biology major from Ceresco, Neb. He is a member of Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity where he has held numerous leadership positions including chapter president. He is a New Student Orientation leader, member of Pre-Health Club, and Beta Beta Beta and Order of Omega academic honoraries. He’s an active volunteer with Clinic With A Heart. He is the son of Dave and Jennifer Lorenzen.
Members of the homecoming court are:
- Kristen Hasty, a theatre studies major from Wray, Colo. She is the daughter of Les and Shirley Hasty.
- Megan Johnson, a communication studies major from Bellevue, Neb. She is the daughter of Kathy and Denny Johnson.
- Olivia Wolfe, a communication studies and Spanish major from Omaha, Neb. She is the daughter of Gavin and Christina Wolfe.
- Mitchell Heavican, an English major from Schuyler, Neb. He is the son of Joseph and Susan Heavican.
- Gabriel Rivera, a communication studies major from Juarez, Mexico. He is the son of Hipolito Rivera and Raquel Aguirre.
- Cody Schilling, a chemistry major from Lincoln, Neb. He is the son of Kraig and Mindy Schilling.