Awards and Achievements
Nebraska Wesleyan University is famous as a small school with an outstanding track record for student academic and athletic achievement. It’s a record of success that compares favorably with any liberal arts institution in our region.
- We’re 8th nationally in Academic All-America Awards with 141.
- We’ve produced four Fulbright scholars a year an impressive four times since 2000.
- Our students have won six Harry S. Truman scholarships for public service, including four in the last five years.
- And we’re third in Division III for NCAA Postgraduate scholarships, and fifth for all U.S. schools of all sizes.
Nebraska Wesleyan students are encouraged to enter the competitions for national and international awards, such as the Marshall Scholarship, Fulbright Grants, the Rhodes Scholarship, Goldwater Scholarship, Scholarships of the National Security Education Program, James Madison Fellowships, the Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships in Humanistic Studies, Rotary Scholarships, the Harry S. Truman Scholarship, the Udall Scholarship, and the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
For a summary of the various scholarships and advisers, see Prestigious Scholarships.
Information for those and other special opportunities may be obtained from the Coordinators for National and International Prestige Scholarships: Dr. Gerise Herndon at email@example.com, 402.465.2347 and Dr. Cathy Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org, 402.465.2399 or contact the Academic Affairs Office at 402.465.2110.
See past prestige scholarship winners:
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange For Young Professionals
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Harry Truman Scholarship
- Morris Udall Scholarship
- Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Rotary Scholarship