2018-19 Audition Dates
- Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Saturday, January 19, 2019
- Thursday, February 7, 2019 (Wesleyan Honors Festival participants only)
- Saturday, February 16, 2019
- Saturday, March 23, 2019
- other dates by appointment (contact Kathy Benischek at 402.465.2269/kmb [at] nebrwesleyan.edu)
Eligibility Requirements for Audition
- Auditions are open to high school seniors and transfer students
- Live auditions are encouraged, but video/audio recordings are also acceptable
- Prepare a program of not more than 10 minutes according to the following recommendations:
- VOCAL: Choose at least two contrasting selections from standard vocal repertoire (art song, opera, oratorio, musical theater). Memorization is recommended. Pop music and choral repertoire (example: singing a part from a choral score) is not recommended. If requesting an NWU accompanist, please send the music two weeks before your audition. It is not recommended that the student use an accompaniment tape or CD.
- INSTRUMENTAL: Choose quality solo literature to show your talent. Memorization is not required. If requesting an NWU accompanist, please send the music two weeks before your audition. It is not recommended that the student use an accompaniment tape or CD.
- PIANO: Choose two selections of contrasting style from the standard piano repertoire. Memorization is recommended. Be prepared to sight-read a short accompaniment.
- Provide a brief (one page) résumé of your performing experience (solos, ensembles, etc.), and repertoire lists from your private study (grades 9-12). You may attach this to the scholarship audition application or bring it with you to the audition.
- Students must have completed their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and returned it to the NWU Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to receive notification of music scholarship awards. Notification of scholarship awards will be made to all applicants as soon as all auditions have been completed.
- Fill out the online application
Contact or visit usMusic Department
Kathy Benischek, Staff Assistant
Rogers Fine Arts, Room 182
Lincoln, NE 68504
kmb [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Dr. Steve Goldeck
sgoldeck [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Dr. Jana Holzmeier
jjh [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
Dr. Larry Jones
lej [at] nebrwesleyan.edu