Grades and Transcripts
The student is issued a letter grade by the high school instructor at the conclusion of the course. Nebraska Wesleyan does not issue grade reports. Students should contact their instructor to learn their final grade.
Transfer of Credits
To NWU: The course will count in the same area as the on-campus equivalent and the grade will become part of the student’s GPA calculations.
To Other Colleges and Universities: If you elect to attend a college or university other than Nebraska Wesleyan, order your transcript online. An official transcript can be sent electronically to the intended institution or available as a hard copy.
- Most colleges and universities will accept transfer grades of “C” or better.
- Honors Academy students have previously transferred credit to more than 85 colleges and universities throughout the country, including the University of Nebraska –Lincoln and its branch campuses.
- Students should contact the registrar at the colleges or universities they are considering attending prior to enrolling in Honors Academy courses. An email with the course description sent to the registrar and/or the appropriate department chair will usually elicit a quick response.
Most schools that accept Wesleyan Honors Academy credit will do so in one or more of the following ways:
- The hours will count towards the total hours required for graduation from that institution.
- The course will replace a course required in the general education curriculum.
- The course will replace a course required in a major or minor.
- In most cases, the transferred NWU grade is not included in the GPA calculations at the accepting institution.
Dr. Marian Borgmann Ingwersen
Director, Wesleyan Honors Academy
mborgman [at] nebrwesleyan.edu
jmanes [at] nebrwesleyan.edu