The Huge-NWU Scholarship is awarded annually to exceptional first-year students at Nebraska Wesleyan University. Made possible by the Harry and Reba Huge Foundation, this scholarship supports academic excellence in all fields with up to full tuition, fees and residency over four years.
Applicants are also eligible for:
- $4,000 Huge-NWU Commendation Scholarships (11 awards)
- $1,000 Huge-NWU Recognition Scholarship (number of awards varies)
Application Deadline: December 1
To qualify, a student must:
- Attend an accredited high school or home school anywhere in the United States or an equivalent high school anywhere in the world and graduate from such accredited high school in the spring of the year in which applications are due.
- Have an ACT score of 27 or higher (SAT of 1210 or higher) and rank in the top 20% of their high school class (This criteria may be waived for students who are graduating from a school that does not rank.)
- Submit two short essays and two letters of recommendation.
- Live in approved NWU campus housing (including Greek housing) all four years (except when studying abroad) and become fully involved in campus life via organizations, activities, intercollegiate or intramural athletics and social life.
- Meet all criteria for admission to Nebraska Wesleyan University.
Huge-NWU Scholarships are awarded to the most qualified applicants regardless of other grants or scholarships to attend NWU. Scholarships are awarded to students pursuing any academic course of study and to students who have not yet decided upon an academic major.
In order to renew the scholarship for years two, three, and four, recipients must maintain a cumulative grade point average.
- Huge-NWU Scholarship: 3.25
- Commendation Scholarship: 3.0
- Recognition Scholarship: 2.5
Huge-NWU Scholars earn more than an excellent education. They join a community of scholars that inspires excellence and nurtures leadership. Find out more about the benefits of the Huge Society of Scholars and Leaders.