Building Your Future and Your Life
Your education is perhaps the biggest investment you’ll ever make in yourself. An excellent education will help guide your life’s direction and shape its purpose.
At NWU You’ll Do More Than Take Classes
Our professors will help you land internships, perform collaborative research, and make the most of your opportunities here and abroad.
- A low 13:1 student/faculty ratio means you’ll receive the personal coaching, encouragement, and opportunities needed to develop and ensure your success
- 20% of students spend a semester or more abroad, expanding their horizons
- 100% of NWU classes are taught by professors, not grad assistants
NWU Students and Alumni Accomplish Incredible Things
Nebraska Wesleyan University is recognized nationally as a small school having an outstanding track record for student academic and athletic achievement.
Professionals from education to law to medicine to engineering respect the work ethic, intelligence, and adaptability of NWU graduates.
- We're ranked 8th in the country with 141 NCAA Academic All Americans.
Our students win some of the most prestigious scholarships in the world:
- We've produced 33 Fulbright scholars since the year 2000.
- Our students have won six Harry S. Truman scholarships for public service—four in the last five years.
- NWU ranks No. 3 nationally in Division III for the total number of NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships won and is among the nation's leaders in Academic All-Americans, NCAA Postgraduate Scholars, and NAIA Scholar Athletes.
- And, NWU graduates get accepted into top graduate programs.
It’s a record of success that compares favorably with any liberal arts institution in our region.
NWU’s total tuition and fees compare favorably to similar liberal arts institutions across the Midwest. Below is an estimated cost of attendance at Nebraska Wesleyan:
|Tuition and Fees*||Semester||Annual|
|Tuition (12-18 credit hours)||$14,600||$29,200|
|Student Activity Fee||$300||$600|
|Housing (double room/7 day meal plan/regular hall)||$4,170||$8,340|
|*Costs don’t include books and other personal expenses|
Scholarships and Financial Aid
We’re here to help students and families navigate the complicated world of scholarships and financial aid.
Our straightforward approach can help you through every step.
- We’re upfront about our costs.
- We make it easy to see what NWU scholarships you qualify for.
Then we connect you to additional aid programs, such as:
- grants which require no repayment,
- subsidized loans, where there’s no interest accrued while you’re in school,
- and unsubsidized loans, where interest begins accruing right away.
Everyone accepted for admission is automatically considered for an academic scholarship!
- 98% of NWU students receive financial aid
- In the academic year of 2014–2015, first-year applicants who submitted a FAFSA received an average aid package of $24,708
Eligibility: We want smart and hard-working students to choose Nebraska Wesleyan University. That’s why we reward academic achievement. There’s no separate application process for these scholarships.
Eligibility is based on your ACT or SAT scores up to the end of December of your senior year of high school and your cumulative GPA when you apply. Academic scholarships are automatically renewed for eight semesters for students who maintain the required GPA.
- We offer additional aid programs supporting minority students, relatives of alumni, Nebraska Methodists, international baccalaureate students, artists, musicians, thespians, Wesleyan Honors Academy students, and others.
Roughly 600 NWU students earn money by working on campus.
On-campus employment opportunities include approximately 600 part-time jobs, some of which are funded through the Federal Work-Study Program, and others which are funded by Nebraska Wesleyan.
We work with families every day building financial aid packages to fit their needs.
Many families walk in assuming that Wesleyan is too expensive so they will not be able to afford it. Our best advice to students and families concerned about affordability: Just give us a chance to put together a financial aid package and show you the net cost.
- We’ll show you what academic scholarships you qualify for.
- We’ll help you locate state and federal grants.
- We’ll give you the information you need to minimize your debt.