Veteran’s Education Benefits

As an approved institution for federal education benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Nebraska Wesleyan University welcomes veterans and their eligible dependents. Both our undergraduate and graduate offerings are approved.

Applying for Benefits

Students must establish eligibility for education benefits from the Veterans Administration (VA). A student may apply online at the GI Bill Application Website.

Questions may be directed to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 888.442.4551.

After Approved for Benefits – What Next?

Once approved for VA education benefits, complete NWU’s VA Education Benefits Information Application (PDF) and send it together with your Award Letter or Certificate of Eligibility of VA education benefits to the Registrar’s Office. NWU will submit enrollment information to the VA. All subsequent registration at NWU will be submitted to the VA automatically.

VA Money

Education benefits are paid directly to the student either to the address on record or by direct deposit. Contact the VA at 888.442.4551 or regarding where your money is sent and the time frame. Please note that you are responsible for paying NWU tuition and fees by the deadlines. Contact the Business Office to arrange for one of the payment options

Does NWU Grant Credit for Military Training?

Nebraska Wesleyan students may earn up to 32 hours of academic credit for formal instruction they have completed successfully in the military. Credit is awarded following the recommendations of the American Council on Education as published in The National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs and The Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Students should have their military transcript submitted to the Registrar’s Office for review.


For information pertaining to your VA educational benefits, access the GI Bill Application Website at to browse the “FAQ” feature or to the “Submit a Question” or “Live Chat” feature to answer an inquiry. You may also call 1.888.GIBILL.1 (1.888.442.4551) to talk to a case manager.

On campus assistance and information may be obtained at the Registrar’s Office.