Michael Kuzma, J.D.
By appointment only. Please email me at mkuzma [at] nebrwesleyan.edu to make an appointment.
An experienced business attorney, Michael has experience in the following areas: US-Japan Insurance Law, US-Japan Comparative Law, US-Japan Economic Development, Japanese Litigation Support Services, Estate and Probate Law, and General Business Law.
Drawing on this experience, Michael teaches upper-class and MBA students Business Law and International Business at Nebraska Wesleyan University.
In his practice, Michael assists clients in a broad array of business matters involving numerous industries and various substantive legal issues, including:
• Counseling on form of business and tax ramifications of each selection; drafting organizational documents; corporate, tax and other federal, state and local filings and compliance measures; and business qualification in other states;
• Representing government entities in cross boarder regulatory matters, with special emphasis on the insurance industry;
• Japanese language litigation discovery and due diligence;
• Structuring and negotiating domestic and international business and asset acquisitions;
• Establishing overseas subsidiaries, joint ventures, affiliates and business partnerships;
• General estate planning matters including wills, trusts and probate proceedings.
University of Nebraska College of Law, J.D., Honors, 2010
Nebraska Wesleyan University, B/A. Highest Honors, 2005