Weary Center Policies
Use of the Weary Center is a privilege. Acceptable rules of conduct must be observed at all times. Anyone violating posted policies, or engaging in any disorderly conduct or inappropriate behavior, including verbal or physical abuse of employees or other users, is subject to immediate removal with loss of facility privileges. Any student found to have violated university polices, rules or regulations is subject to the disciplinary sanctions outlined in Article V of the Student Handbook.
Entering The Facility
- Entry to the Weary Center for Health & Fitness must be made through the front tower entrance.
- All users entering the Weary Center must check in with the front desk supervisor when using any of the recreation areas.
- Students, Faculty, and Staff must present a valid University ID card or University fob to gain admittance.
- Special guests must show a valid University ID card or University fob to gain admittance.
- Athletes in-season do not need to show ID to enter the facility for a scheduled team practice. However, they must stop and indicate to the front desk supervisor on duty that they are attending a practice.
- Community Pass members must present their Weary Center User Card (issued at time of fee payment).
- ID Cards are not transferable. ID's or Fobs not belonging to the bearer will be confiscated.
General Facility Policies
- Food, bottled and canned drinks (including bottled water), and tobacco products are not allowed in any recreational area unless otherwise posted. Exception: clear water bottles may be carried into the Cardiovascular Room.
- Spitting will not be tolerated.
- Pets, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, and roller blades are not allowed in the Weary Center.
- No unorganized outdoor sports may be played in the Weary Center, including the Field House.
- Nebraska Wesleyan is not responsible for loss of individual equipment due to theft. Users and guests are advised not to bring valuables to the Weary Center. If it is necessary to bring valuables, they should be secured in lockers during workouts. "Lost and Found" items can be claimed at the front desk after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Open Recreation hours may occasionally be disrupted by scheduled activities. Changes in the schedule will be posted at the front desk.