Masks are required in the building.
The following NWU Workout Facilities will be available with the following restrictions:
- Weight Room - 20 people
- Circuit Room - 12 people (3 racks have been added to this room)
- Racketball Court Weight Room - 6 people
- Cardio Room - 11 people
- Abel Stadium - Unlimited 6' social distancing users
*Snyder Arena and Fieldhouse will NOT be available
*Locker Rooms will NOT be available
Weary Center Rooms Closed During Winter Sports Home Competitions
Due to COVID-19 protocols, open recreation, weight room and circuit room will be closed when hosting home competition. The adjusted hours are on the following days:
- Wednesday, January 20, open 6 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 23, closed all day
- Wednesday, January 27, open 6 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Saturday, January 30, closed all day
- Wednesday, February 3, open 6 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Saturday, February 6, closed all day
- Saturday, February 13, closed all day
- Wednesday, February 17, open 6 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Saturday, February 20, closed all day
- Tuesday, February 23, open 6 a.m.–3 p.m.
It is everyone’s RESPONSIBILITY to help keep P-Wolf Nation safe and healthy. In order to use NWU facilities, every student user must adhere to the following policies:
- Wear a mask when entering the Weary Center until you begin working out, then again when leaving the workout room to return to the front desk to leave the Weary Center.
- Entry and Exit for the Weary Center will be restricted to the Main Entrance.
- Maintain 6' social distancing.
- Clean all equipment/weights after each use.
- Follow marked traffic patterns to get to and from your workout room.
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Temperatures will be taken at the front desk when you enter and MUST be below 100.4 in order to use the facilities.
Students MUST show FOB or Student ID to enter the Weary Center.
Users MUST bring your own water bottle - drinking fountains will not be in use.
- Some equipment will not be in use to maintain 6' social distancing.
- Spotters will remain 6' from lifters until it is necessary to perform spotting duties.
- Failure to follow guidelines and instructions from workers could result in losing building use privileges.
The Marian and Marion Weary Center for Health and Fitness offers experiences that enrich the lives of NWU students, faculty and staff through excellence in facilities, fitness, sport and play. We are committed to fostering leaders, encouraging life-long healthy lifestyles and developing meaningful relationships.
Students, faculty or staff must present their valid NWU ID or residence hall fob to gain admittance for Open Recreation. The Weary Center includes the following facilities for student use:
- Three racquetball courts
- Circuit training room
- Aerobics room
- Free weight room
- Knight Field House indoor facility
- Four recreational locker rooms
- Cardiovascular exercise room
- No guests at this time
If you're unable to find what you're looking for or have a general question, please feel free to wearycenter [at] nebrwesleyan.edu (contact us).