Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity
- National Organization: Phi Kappa Tau
- Mascot: Unicorn
- Colors: Old Gold; Harvard Red
The Phi Kappa Tau chapter house was locally founded in 1923 and originally constructed in 1928. It is currently on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2012, it was fully reconstructed and restored for our rechartering.
Phi Kappa Tau has been home to five eventual national PKT presidents. In our two full eligible years back, we’ve been selected as a Founder’s Four chapter, a recognition given to the top four chapters in the nation. This has given us the opportunity to present our case for “Maxwell Chapter of the Year” to the National Convention. We are tied for the lead number of times we’ve been a “Maxwell Chapter of the Year” in our national fraternity.
- 2014 Chapter of the Year
- Outstanding Philanthropy Efforts
- Outstanding Community Impact
- Outstanding Academic Programming
- Living Your Values
- Outstanding New Member Development
- Outstanding Interfraternal Involvement
- Most Philanthropic, Kurtis Johnson
- Outstanding New Member, Addison Miller
- Most Values Oriented, Rhys Williams
- Greek Emerging Leader, Garret Lorenzen
- 2014 Chapter President of the Year, Connor Dethlefs
The mission of Phi Kappa Tau is to champion a lifelong commitment to brotherhood, learning, ethical leadership and exemplary character.
- SeriousSoup for SeriousFun: Our national philanthropy partnership is SeriousFun Children’s Network, which gives children with terminal illnesses the opportunity to have a summer camp experience all free of charge.
- Various other events have ranged from: Rally for Relay volleyball tournament, Pie-A-Phi Tau, Phood Phight, Help PKT Halt Histio
- Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity strives to have a non-alcoholic social event with each of the three sororities each school year, and we plan to have an event with the other two fraternities as well.
- We typically have two or three formal social events each year.
- Phi Kappa Tau Fraternity in-chapter events have ranged from: Buffalo Wild Wings, pickup basketball on our driveway court, ping pong tournaments, video game tournaments, wiffle ball, Lincoln Stars hockey game, Husker baseball game, all-house study nights, swimming/grill-out, get-togethers to watch significant sporting events, golf, lip dub video, and various impromptu activities.