The Diversity and Inclusion office assists in the recruitment of faculty, staff, and students. We also work to build an inclusive culture on campus that encourages, support, and celebrate all voices of Nebraska Wesleyan.
Provides support for:
- Action Council on Diversity and Inclusion
- Gender Advocacy Place
- Pride Alliance
- IRO (International Relations Organization)
- BERT (Bias Education Response Team)
- Encourages a diverse and inclusive culture through:
- Wolf Fund for Diverse education
Celebrates diversity and inclusion efforts on campus through awards:
- Student Advocate for Diversity
- Faculty Advocate for Diversity
- Staff Advocate for Diversity
- Mary Butler Award
How We Serve
- Member of the NWU Action Council on Diversity and Inclusion composed of students, staff, and faculty.
- Serve on the Bias Education Response Team (BERT).
- Collaborate with Admissions and Athletics to recruit students of color.
- Outreach to students as part of the CARE Team student support system.
- Assist with New Student Orientation (NSO) activities to help students adjust to the academic and social life of college.
- Coordinate programs that address issues of diversity and inclusion for students, staff, faculty, and community members.