Action Council on Diversity and Inclusion
The NWU Action Council on Diversity is composed of students, staff, and faculty members. The Action Council’s primary focus is advocating for institutional initiatives and efforts that improve the campus climate and culture for all students, staff, and faculty.
Action Council Responsibilities
- Advocate for Representational Diversity: Representational diversity refers to the degree to which Nebraska Wesleyan University attracts, retains, and develops students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds and experiences, commensurate with the campus mission.
- Promote Campus Programming: Our university’s commitment to diversity should be reflected in the extent to which principles of multiculturalism, pluralism, equity and diversity are currently incorporated into the university's campus programming.
- Manage Wolf Funds: The council will be responsible for the management of the Wolf Fund for Diversity, earmarked for the promotion of research, scholarship, programming, and creative activities that give voice and representation to marginalized, disenfranchised, or underrepresented groups that hold less cultural power.
- Improve Campus Climate: Our goal is to make diversity a strategic priority touching all aspects of the campus mission, and our success in creating a diverse and supportive campus climate will be judged by the degree to which the events, messages, symbols, values, etc. of the campus make it a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, faculty, staff, and members of the broader community.
- Facilitate Institutional and Student Leadership: We will seek to be transparent in our efforts and to show clarity of expectations, investment of human and fiscal resources, and accountability as demonstrated through the words and actions of campus leadership at all levels.
Action Council Members for 2018-19
- Wendy M. Hunt (permanent member)
- Shawna Newman (19)
- Candice Howell (18-20)
- Madeline Walker (18-20)
- Abigail Mitchell (16-19) Facilitator
- Kelly Clancy (16-19)
- Amy Ort (19)
- Jimmy Lowe (19)
- Audrey Kuehn (19)
- Molly (Mimi(Charron) (19)