The RN to MSN program is designed for students who possess a record of academic excellence and wish to accelerate their progress toward earning a master’s degree. Students will earn a BSN degree when degree requirements have been met.
In the RN to MSN program, students will earn a BSN degree when degree requirements have been met.
See all RN to MSN nursing program courses.
Students must fulfill the following RN to MSN admission prerequisites and follow the application process to apply.
RN to MSN Admission Prerequisites
To be considered for admission to the Master of Science in Nursing program, students must meet all general eligibility requirements of Nebraska Wesleyan University. RN to MSN applicants must also meet the following specific admissions requirements of the MSN program:
- Graduation from a state-approved nursing program with a diploma or an associate degree in nursing
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completed nursing prerequisites with a grade of B or above (one science must include laboratory):
- English (3 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology (6-8 credits)
- Microbiology (3-4 credits)
- General Chemistry (3-4 credits)
- Introductory Psychology (3 credits)
- General Sociology (3 credits)
- One year of experience working as a registered nurse within the last three years.
- An unencumbered active Nebraska or compact state nursing license with expiration date.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
Transfer of Credit Policy
- A maximum of nine semester hours of graduate credit with a grade of "B-" or better may be transferred from other institutions, with approval.
- The transferring institution must be regionally accredited.
- A student must be currently enrolled at NWU for transfer work to be posted to the academic record.
NWU offers an accelerated education program designed for working adults. Eight-week sessions, conducted one day a week in Lincoln and Omaha, are geared to your busy schedule.
The Master of Science in Nursing Program is accredited by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
For questions or to find out more about our program, contact us.