Table of Contents:
- Who can use the Weary Center?
- How do I use the Weary Center?
- What if I don't have my Fob or ID to check in at the Weary Center Front Desk?
- What if I don't have a Fob and have lost my ID?
- Can I bring a guest with me to work out?
- Can I check out a locker?
- Does the Weary Center provide towels for users?
- What types of equipment can I check out at the Weary Center?
- Is the Weary Center open on Snow Days?
- Have any additional questions?
However, graduate students must pay a $50/semester fee at the Business Office to gain access to the Weary Center. Graduate students do not pay the student activity fee, therefore the Weary Center fee must be paid.
How do I use the Weary Center?
All users entering the Weary Center must check in with the front desk supervisor when using any of the workout areas. Users must present a valid and encoded University ID or University issued Fob.
- Athletes, while in-season, do not need to check in when going to a scheduled practice. However, the athlete must indicate to the supervisor that he/she is attending practice.
- Students attending a scheduled class do not need to check in when attending class. However, the student must indicate to the supervisor that he/she is attending class.
What if I don't have my Fob or ID to check in at the Weary Center Front Desk?
Users will be able to sign "the book" one time per semester. "The book" is a listing of all validated students and employees. If you have forgotten your ID/Fob and do not want to return home to get it, you may sign this book. Users may sign "the book" only once per semester.
However, if you have already signed "the book", the front desk supervisor will not allow you to enter the facility. In this instance, you must return when you have the ID/Fob with you.
If you are a senior in your last semester at NWU, contact Scott Ballinger at sballing [at] nebrwesleyan.edu. It may be possible to make arrangements for you to use the facility without purchasing a new ID card.
Can I bring a guest with me to work out?
Yes. Users may bring one guest per day. Daily guest passes must be purchased at the front desk for $5. Guests must have exact change or a personal check made out to NWU.
Guests must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Accompanied by an NWU sponsor
Guests are subject to all policies and procedures that are in place.
Can I check out a locker?
Faculty, staff and commuter students may check out a locker for one semester at a time. These lockers are located in the Knight Field House. Twenty short lockers have been made available in each of the men's and women's locker rooms. Ten of the lockers in each locker room have been designated for faculty and staff checkout, and the other ten lockers for commuter students. Users must provide for their own locks and towels.
Transfer lockers (long lockers) in each locker room can be used for storing personal belongings only for the duration of the user's workout but must be emptied at the end of the workout. Personal items stored in a transfer locker are subject to being removed by the facility staff. Any items removed from a locker will be available for pickup at the Weary Center front desk during Open Recreation hours.
- Jump Ropes
- Racquetball Goggles
- Racquetballs ($1 each / subject to availability)
- Racquetball Rackets ($15 each / subject to availability
- Weight Belts
Is the Weary Center open on Snow Days?
If classes are cancelled for the entire day due to weather, the Weary Center will be open from 5:00-8:00pm. If only evening classes are cancelled, the Weary Center will close upon the request of the University.
Intramural Sports and Fitness Classes are cancelled on all snow days.