While NWU Alumni Relations is not currently hosting Lend-A-Hand service projects, please contact us at alumni [at] nebrwesleyan.edu if you have an interest in leading/coordinating a community service project with other alumni in your area.
Nebraska Wesleyan first year students have been volunteering their time to Lend-a-Hand to Lincoln for 15+ years. We want to extend that tradition to you as an alum by encouraging you to gather with other Nebraska Wesleyan alumni in your area to serve communities where you live!
Lend-a-Hand is a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors with a common mission of addressing the nation’s needs.
Join the national NWU Lend-a-Hand event to become an active, engaged citizen in your community. By donating your time, you can connect with old friends and make new ones! By lending a hand, you have the power to do something to improve the lives of others.
To hold a Lend-a-Hand event in your community:
- Find a non-profit organization where you would like to volunteer. Here are some sites to help get you started.
- Contact jsvendse [at] nebrwesleyan.edu to request a list of alumni in your area and to provide your information and volunteer site so that we can share it on social media.
- Provide jsvendse [at] nebrwesleyan.edu a list of alumni/families that will be volunteering along with their shirt sizes so that we can provide t-shirts for volunteers.
- After your event, post pictures to the NWU Alumni Facebook page.
- Contact jsvendse [at] nebrwesleyan.edu with a list of everyone who participated.
Contact or visit us
Nebraska Wesleyan University Alumni Office
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln, NE 68504
1.800.541.3818 ext. 2123
alumni [at] nebrwesleyan.edu