Nebraska Wesleyan University is the right place to make your mark and finish your degree. No matter where you're transferring from, no matter what goals you're working toward—NWU offers you a smoother process, a friendlier campus and a life-changing experience.
You get personal academic advising, face-to-face instruction and professors who are invested in your success. We're committed to seeing you graduate on time, on budget and on track to succeed in your career and your life.
Employers seek graduates who are innovative thinkers, strong communicators and complex problem solvers. These are the skills you’ll hone at Nebraska Wesleyan. NWU’s Archway Curriculum connects different courses and experiences to help you explore your world, understand complicated issues and find effective answers.
Two Ways to Transfer
NWU makes it easy to transfer into either a traditional, full-time bachelor’s degree program or an accelerated bachelor’s degree completion program.
- Choose from 134 majors, minors and pre-professional programs when you transfer to a full-time bachelor’s degree program in Lincoln.
- Take semester-long courses
- Live on or off campus
- Participate in campus activities, including intercollegiate athletics.
- Choose an accelerated degree-completion program and receive an additional $25 per credit hour discount off our special, reduced tuition rate.
- Face-to-face and hybrid classes in Lincoln and Omaha
- Evening classes for most programs; one-day-a-week classes for nursing
- Eight-week sessions start in January, March, June, August and October
Everyone accepted for admission to Nebraska Wesleyan is automatically considered for an academic transfer scholarship worth $12,000 to $17,000 a year. Scholarships are available for students who are:
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa
- Transferring from a community college Pathways Partner member institution
- Transferring from a four-year or non-Pathways member institution
Nebraska Wesleyan University uses a broad, comprehensive process to review and select applicants. We examine the rigor of the college you attended and the difficulty level of the classes you took.
- Must be in good standing at your current college or university.
- Must have at least a 2.00 GPA.
- Must have a minimum grade of C- or above.
- After acceptance, the NWU Registrar will determine which credits will transfer.
- Please see Transfer Admitted Student for additional transfer enrollment details.
To complete your admissions application:
- Send official transcripts from your high school and all colleges you’ve attended to: Nebraska Wesleyan University Admissions, 5000 Saint Paul Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504-2794.
- Apply online free
- Optional: Complete the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), entering in the college release and certification section the full name of Nebraska Wesleyan University and College Code 002555.