Nebraska Wesleyan University is the right place to make your mark and finish your degree. No matter where you're transferring from, no matter what goals you're working toward—NWU promises you a smoother process, a friendlier campus and a life-changing experience.
We give you personal academic advising, face-to-face instruction and professors who are invested in your success. We're committed to seeing you graduate on time, on budget and on track to succeed in your career and your life.
Two Ways to Transfer
NWU makes it easy to transfer into either an accelerated degree completion program or our traditional residential undergraduate experience.
- Choose from over 100 degrees in NWU’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS) in Lincoln to take semester-long courses during the day, live on or off campus, or compete in intercollegiate athletics.
- Choose an accelerated degree-completion program in Lincoln or Omaha to take evening, weekend or hybrid courses while you work.
Earn a Pathways Scholarship
Community college transfer students have a long history of academic success at NWU. We created the Pathways Scholarship to make the path to NWU from those community colleges even easier to cross. Students who transfer to NWU from Pathways Partner schools automatically qualify for a Pathways Scholarship. NWU’s Pathways Partners include:
- Central Community College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mid-Plains Community College
- Southeast Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
Nebraska Wesleyan University uses a broad, comprehensive process to review and select applicants. We look at many factors with no one component of the application singled out as most important. We examine the rigor of the college you attended and the difficulty level of the classes you took.
- Must be in good standing at your current college or university.
- Must have at least a 2.00 GPA.
- NWU requires a minimum grade of C- or above.
- After accepted, the NWU Registrar will determine which credits will transfer.
- See also the NWU Baccalaureate Degree Requirements checklist.
- Please see Transfer Admitted Student for additional transfer enrollment details.
To complete your admissions application, you will need:
- To send to NWU Admissions official transcripts from your high school and all the colleges you’ve attended.
- Optional: Complete Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). On your FAFSA application, be sure to enter in the college release and certification section the full name of Nebraska Wesleyan University and College Code 002555.
- Apply Online Free