The Department of Business, Accounting and Economics prepares leaders, problem-solvers and communicators. The department integrates business fundamentals with practical experience and a broad liberal arts perspective.
This combination gives students the versatility they need in a global marketplace.
- Introductory classes average 25-30 students; upper level courses average 15.
- 100% of faculty have a Ph.D., Ed.D, or J.D. and substantial industry experience.
- Department graduates continue their education or choose from unlimited career paths.
- Students explore career paths and network through internships.
- Students personalize their degrees through elective courses.
Here are some of the highlights that make our program unique:
- Top internships: Our students have the opportunity to intern at many outstanding businesses including Ameritas Financial, KPMG LLP, Sandhills Publishing, State Farm, Union Bank & Trust, United Bank of Switzerland (UBS), just to name a few.
- Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda (FBLA-PBL): Students attend local, state, and national leadership conferences and compete at the highest level for recognition of their business knowledge and skills.
- Student Investment Group (SIG): Students manage a portion of Nebraska Wesleyan’s endowment that has grown to more than $700,000. Students analyze the economy, industries, and securities in determining investment strategies.
- Business Summit: Nebraska Wesleyan annually hosts more than 40 CEOs and leaders of top corporations who present sessions on their industry and judge the Quick Pitch Competition for new business ideas presented by Nebraska Wesleyan students.
- Strong careers: Our students are recruited by top employers including Assurity Life Insurance; BKD, LLP; CitiGroup; Deloitte LLP; First National Bank; Kardia Family Wealth Planning, LLC; McGladrey LLP; Talent Plus, and many other prominent corporations. These companies provide both local and global opportunities for our students.
The business administration program is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs for the Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees with a major in Business Administration.