The study of life takes us to some exciting places—from the trees of our own campus to Honduran barrier reefs. By nurturing an appreciation of the complexity and grandeur of nature, you will gain an understanding of evolution as the unifying theme of biology, the ethical dimensions of biological knowledge, and a lifelong participation in science.
We teach the knowledge and advanced investigative skills that will enable you to pursue advanced work in the biological sciences.
Some of the benefits of pursuing a biology degree at Nebraska Wesleyan are:
- Collaborative research opportunities with professors
- Study abroad trips every year to Costa Rica, Belize and Honduras
- Wildlife biology lab trains biologists for all areas of study
- First-year students are in labs, not lecture halls
- 86% placement rate in medical school