Hy-Vee believes in cultivating the future. Since 1969, Hy-Vee has awarded scholarships to both high school and college students through the Hy-Vee Foundation. Hy-Vee scholarships include $1,000 awarded to high school seniors and college students - for a total of $80,000 awarded in scholarship monies. The scholarship award is payable in a lump sum to be applied to normal college expenses including tuition, room and board, book purchases and rentals. (Fees refundable to the student as well as entrance or application fees are not covered.)
To be eligible to apply for a Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship, you may be pursuing any course of study but it must lead to a four-year college degree.
High School Students ONLY – Who is eligible?
- Applicant must be a high school senior working for Hy-Vee or subsidiary who began employment on or before September 15, 2017 or a high school senior son and/or daughter of a full-, regular-, or part-time Hy-Vee or subsidiary employee who has a minimum of six months employment as of September 15, 2017, AND
- Applicant must be enrolling in college for the first time.
College Students ONLY – Who is eligible?
- Applicant must have been employed at a Hy-Vee location (office, distribution, retail) or subsidiary location after June 1, 2017, AND
- Applicant must be classified as a full-time student in their freshman, sophomore, or junior year during time of application process, AND
- Applicant must be classified as a full-time sophomore, junior, or senior at the time funds are disbursed.
Scholarship awards are announced in early spring after the Scholarship Committee reviews applicant files and submits a list of winners to the Hy-Vee Foundation Board of Directors. The committee selections are certified by the board and winners are notified by letter. Public announcement of the winners is made in early spring in press releases and on posters sent to each Hy-Vee location. The scholarship is confirmed upon proof of college enrollment.
Application link: Scholarship Program Guidelines and Application
Website: Hy-Vee Scholarship website