Visiting Assistant Professor of Health and Human Performance
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applicants for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor of Health and Human Performance within the Health and Human Performance (HHP) Department beginning Fall 2021. The successful candidate should be a dynamic educator with a passion for teaching and student learning. This is a full-time, 9 month, benefit-eligible position.
The HHP Department strives to provide a challenging yet supportive environment for our students. We seek candidates with a demonstrated enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching, and a commitment to creative instruction in a variety of settings.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a liberal arts university with over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University’s steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
The instructional assignment for this position may include the following areas but are not limited to: Methods classes for Health and Physical Education K-12 and Adapted Physical Education; Elementary Health and Physical Education courses for Elementary and Special Education non-majors; instruction of skills and techniques used in team, dual, and individual activities; and possibly activity courses assigned by the department chair. Beyond teaching in the classroom, this position will also supervise student teachers.
* Master’s degree in Health and Physical Education or related discipline required; doctoral degree required for tenure-track position
* Must have at least 5 years of teaching experience in K-12 health and/or physical education to supervise Health and Physical Education student teachers
* Preference will be given to candidates with a relevant doctoral degree
* Demonstrated commitment to students’ academic achievement
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents
* Familiarity with Canvas or similar LMS software is a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential
* Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities
* Experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application addressing qualifications, diversity statement, current curriculum vitae, the names of three professional references and unofficial transcripts to the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin on immediately and continue until the position is filled.