Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks an individual to serve as the University Ministry Assistant. The successful applicant will be responsible for basic clerical work, email correspondence, organization of departmental functions and scheduling appointments for the University Minister. In the event the University Minister is absent or away on business, the successful candidate will fill in some ministerial duties. The University Ministry Assistant will supervise 3-4 student assistants. This position is a part-time, non-exempt and is budgeted to work 520 hours per academic year.
* Assist the operations of the University Ministries’ Office by managing the front office, answering phones, assisting with voicemail and email, and processing mail
* Demonstrate the commitment, character and values of Nebraska Wesleyan University
* Help lead campus initiatives and be a face for the ministries that serve throughout
* Demonstrate crisis management abilities, if needed
* Assist in ministering to the spiritual needs of NWU students and faculty
* Provide spiritual and professional leadership for the campus
* Be available for pastoral counseling and be able to discuss discipleship and spiritual beliefs to enhance growth and development
This position requires one to three years of related experience. Candidates must:
* Possess the ability to lead, encourage and shepherd
* Be able to work with and build relationships with all facets of the university, students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni and community
* Be able to operate a telephone, computer, printer, copier, and scanner
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring and the retention of members of racial/ethnic groups under-represented in higher education. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 5000 Saint Paul Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent to mharder [at] nebrwesleyan.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.