Nebraska Wesleyan University invites applications for a Technical Director for the Theatre Arts Program. This is a benefit eligible position that works 40 hours per week, 10 months throughout the year. The start date for this position will be August 1, 2020.
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health, Life, Disability, Retirement, paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, and 100% tuition discount for employee and dependents after one year of service.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a private university with a commitment to liberal arts and has over 2000 undergraduates located in the capital city of Nebraska.
Primary responsibilities in this position include management of our on-site scene shop (which includes a ShopBot CNC router), technical direction and master carpentry for faculty-directed productions, and supervision of student workers in the scene shop.
- Bachelor’s Degree with course work in technical theatre is required, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Five or more years of professional technical theatre experience.
- Teaching opportunities may be available for candidates with Master’s degree and relevant experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty directors and designers.
- Ability to maintain a strong, positive, professional approach to theatre training.
- Ability to do physical work, including the ability to stand for extended periods of time, kneel or squat for extended periods, lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis, climbing, regular use of stairs and pushing/pulling activities regularly.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload a letter of application addressing qualifications, resume, a diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.