Sports Information Director
Nebraska Wesleyan University is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Sports Information Director. The position is responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of athletic media and marketing plans for the University’s athletic programs, including but not limited to press releases, press conferences, social media and statistics for 21 intercollegiate sports at Nebraska Wesleyan University. This position will report to the Director of Athletics.
This full-time, 12-month, benefit eligible position, which includes a comprehensive package including health, vision and dental insurance benefits, retirement benefits, a generous holiday schedule, and undergraduate tuition remission for employee’s dependents among other benefits.
Nebraska Wesleyan University is a private university with a commitment to liberal arts education located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Oversee the athletic department website while updating daily content
- Manage the Athletic Department’s social media presence using multiple channels
- Collaborate with the University's marketing and communications office on athletic-related media relations, news stories, and events
- Write press releases and feature stories for publication and distribution
- Create and edit athletic publications and recruiting materials
- Compile statistics and file reports as required by the NCAA, the American Rivers Conference and Coaches Associations
- Oversees game day press box and scorer’s table for all home contests, coordinating all media coverage
- Maintain historical Athletic records, statistics and photographs
- Oversee nominations and promotion of student-athletes and coaches
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, sports management or related field
- Two to three years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience working in a collegiate athletic environment
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in a professional manner
- Experience coordinating multiple projects simultaneously, completing projects accurately in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills and customer service.
- Knowledge of StatCrew software and NCAA Genius stat software.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office, and Excel
- Proficiency with website management, web creation tools, webcast set up and social media platforms
- Experience with digital photography and videography
- Applicants must have ability to work days, nights and weekends, as well as travel to specified events
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University's mission. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who will help fulfill this core value. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.