Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks an individual to serve as the Registrar’s Office Specialist. The Registrar’s Office Specialist is responsible for all grading processes, supports transfer credit processing, maintains academic records, serves as VA School Certifying Official, assists with student worker supervision, coordinates commencement and graduation processes, and provides general office support and service. The Registrar’s Office Specialist is a full-time, non-exempt, year-long position.
- Maintain a current understanding of academic policies, procedures, and processes related to student records and professionally communicate these to faculty, students, and staff.
- Maintain accurate student academic records and coordinate the scanning process for permanent records retention.
- Provide front line support for Registrar’s Office including telephone, general registrar email account, mail, and front counter, responding to student, faculty, staff, and general public requests and inquiries.
- Process and post transfer credit, including college credit, AP/IB/CLEP, and course placements.
- Serve as School Certifying Official (SCO) for the VA and coordinates processes for students receiving VA educational benefits.
- Coordinate all grading processes and procedures.
- Manage Registrar Office graduation and commencement ceremony procedures.
- Process various Registrar forms and assist with transcript ordering processes.
- Assist Wesleyan Honors Academy staff with registration and grading processes.
- Minimum three years of related experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced office setting.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly, and effectively in order to work and build relationships with students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, and community members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office technologies including computer, fax machine, scanner, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), student information systems (preferably Ellucian Colleague), and reporting software (preferably Informer).
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names and contact information for three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu
NWU offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits plan including Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, five weeks of paid time off per year with vacation and holidays, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service.