Part-time Registered Nurse in Student Health
Nebraska Wesleyan University Student Health Services seeks a part-time Registered Nurse to assist Providers (typically APRNs) with examinations and procedures to serve the medical needs of our students in a confidential, professional, and caring manner. The RN will coordinate care of students by Providers, triage students outside of Provider hours, answer phone calls and emails, keep accurate and complete documentation, and comply with the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act.
This position will work 19 - 20 hours per week over the 9 month academic year (August – May) and receive benefits including pro-rated holiday pay, options for Flexible Spending benefits, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pet Insurance, and the ability to contribute to the NWU Retirement plan. The successful candidate will be able to work at least 5 to 7 hours on Monday, since it is our busiest day.
- Graduation from an accredited professional nursing program required.
- Current licensure as an RN in good standing with the state of Nebraska required.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required.
Responsibilities of the Student Health Services RN include but are not limited to:
- Collecting subjective and objective data and contributing to the assessment of the patient; documenting appropriately in the patient chart.
- Retrieving messages and responding to calls to Student Health from students and others.
- Assisting the Provider or Director of Student Health Services with all examinations and procedures.
- Keeping the exam rooms clean, disinfected and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Scheduling outpatient tests and procedures at hospitals by telephone in a timely manner; adheres to the referral process of the practice.
- Explaining tests and preparation as needed for adequate patient education.
- Reading and following policies and procedure manuals for the practice.
- Administering injections, vital signs, and testing (e.g. vision testing) as delegated.
- Distributing required vaccination materials and obtains required authorized signature from patient, parent, or guardian as needed.
- Completing patient chart in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Maintaining flow of patients in accordance with time of appointment in order to avoid delays for the provider and undue waiting for patients.
- Complying with OSHA and safety plans of Student Health Services and other relevant Nebraska Wesleyan University policies and procedures.
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
To apply, please upload or provide a letter of application, resume, diversity statement, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.